We offer our institutional knowledge and experience to facilitate an extensive array of real estate transactions. Our experienced attorneys are able and ready to assist purchasers, sellers, developers, borrowers, and lenders in the acquisition, financing, sale, development, and leasing of residential, commercial, industrial and multifamily properties.
We are laser-focused on providing value to our clients, and will work to ensure that we protect your interests and reach closing with as little hassle as possible.
Because we practice in Central Illinois, we are regularly involved in complex land use issues related to farmland, including the negotiation of wind farm leases and oil and gas transactions. We have also been involved with the sale and purchase of farmland throughout the state.
Our specific services include:
Transactions & Title Issues
- Transfers of residential property, commercial property and industrial property
- Issues ranging from individual sales to multi-parcel transactions, including mergers and acquisitions
- Issues relating to title, including but limited to, mechanic’s liens, merchantability of title, lending transactions, title policy, boundary disputes and quality of title
Residential & Commercial Development
- All types of development, including matters relating to individual parcels, subdivisions, zoning, annexations, pre-annexation agreements
- Issues relating to governmental requirements and benefits
- Commercial and residential construction mediation, arbitration and litigation
- Issues relating to the application of the Prevailing Wage Act
- Issues relating to construction quality and conformance
- The confirmation of standard form construction contracts and general conditions to the individual case at hand
- Drafting and negotiation of construction documentation
Environmental & Energy
- Issues relating to development, land use, and remediation
- The environmental aspect of the purchase, operation and sale of real estate
- Projects involving the development of power plants and alternative power facilities, such as peaker plants, ethanol plants and wind-driven power production
- Real estate tax appeals relating to the level of assessment for residential, general commercial, shopping center, energy production and computer data properties
- Real estate tax appeals relating to tax exemptions of all qualified facilities